Pilot Grants were awarded to:
- Dr Jody Haigh "Creation of novel inducible Cas9 models for in vivo cancer and cell differentiation studies"
- Dr Sachin Katyal "Identification of novel cannabis-derived therapeutics for the treatment of triple negative breast cancers (TNBC)"
- Dr Sabine Mai "Disruption of chromosome territories in multiple myeloma"
9 pilot grants were submitted, 3 were scored with a cut-off of 3.98
Operating Grants were awarded to:
- Dr Saeid Ghavami "Mitophagy and Regulation of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Bcl2l13 and NSCLC Metastasis"
- Dr James Johnston "ATM is a Novel Target for Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia"
- Dr Julian Kim "Surface Transponder Beacon (Calypso) Guided, Flap-Sparing, hypofractionated Radiotherapy for Breast Cancer Patients Treated with Mastectomy and Immediate Autologous Flap Reconstruction: A Phase I prospective cohort study."
- Dr Kirk McManus "Defining and targeting the molecular origins of colorectal cancer"
- Dr Tamra Ogilvie "Novel combinatory therapies for SHH medulloblastoma"
- Dr Afshin Raouf "Characterization of therapy resistant cells in estrogen-responsive breast cancer tumours"
- Drs Harminder Singh & Kathleen Decker "Colorectal cancer in young Canadians: examining changes in characteristics, incidence, mortality, and survival over time"
19 operating grants were submitted, 7 were funded with a cut-off score of 4.08.
Multi-disciplinary Team Grant was awarded to:
- Drs Kirk McManus, Mark Nachtigal, Cyrille Bicamumpaka and Alon Altman "Examining the biomedical, clinical, and health outcome impacts of homology directed repair (HDR) in high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC)."
The total value of awarded grants was $719,454.