CancerCare Manitoba Research Institute is home to over 40 scientists seeking answers to a wide range of questions about cancer and blood disorders. Our research includes:
- basic laboratory research about what causes these diseases, how they progress, and potential ways of preventing and treating them
- clinical research that tests promising new drugs, treatments, and other interventions in patients
- research on new imaging technologies to improve the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer and blood disorders
- health services research on the best ways to organize, manage, and deliver high-quality cancer services, from prevention and screening to treatment and end-of-life care
- patient experience research on palliative care, quality of life, cancer survivorship, and other things that matter to patients and their families
Read more about the Research Institute, our research, and our scientists.
The Research Institute is a joint institute of CancerCare Manitoba and the University of Manitoba and is generously supported by the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation.